Learn to meditate for deep rest, and re-connection to cosmic forces for healing and well-being.
Meditation is an activity in which the practitioner just sits and allows the mind to dissolve. Meditation can easily be practiced by all to relax and eventually eliminate the chatter and story of the mind to re-identify with just being.
The rest in meditation is the deepest rest you can ever have, and it is superior to sleep which is an archaic form of rest. When the mind becomes free from agitation, it becomes calm, serene and at peace, meditation occurs as the body is permeated with peace and love from its source energy field.
Meditation is like a mental hygiene which restores clarity of perception, a calm mind, and an all-pervading feeling of goodness. It creates inspiration and has the ability to heal the mind and body, and always brings a renewed or clear connection to your inner source - your well of strength.
How to Meditate:
Meditation comes naturally to us all. Some simple techniques to help you begin your practice are:
- Choose a convenient time and place. Meditate at the same time every day so you create a routine.
- Wear comfortable clothes (no tight, pinching or itchy fabrics.)
- Choose a clean, distraction-free spot or room. If it is at home, try not to use this space for any other activity.
- Ensure the lighting is soothing and the ventilation is sufficient with very minimal noise-levels. Feel free to wear ear plugs.
- Turn off your cellphone and stay away from electrical appliances. Put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door until your meditation is over.
- Sit comfortably with a light stomach
- Start with deep breaths
- Keep your eyes open a little bit if you have a busy mind
- Don’t overdo it. Start by meditating for 10-15 minutes daily. Keep a timer.
*You can listen to guided meditations, but it is better to start with a group.
More on Meditation...
- Meditation nourishes the universal values of compassion, caring and sharing, responsibility, non-violence and peacefulness. It helps us bond with others.
- Humankind has an innate tendency to look for a joy that does not diminish, and meditation fulfills this important need.
- Even when everything is going fine for us we often find ourselves being restless. Meditation can relax our stress– conscious and unconscious – and give us the sense of comfort and stability that every human being wants and needs.
- It helps us meet life’s difficulties with centeredness, confidence and resourcefulness and an unshakable resilience.
- Meditation is the greatest emotional healer and it is available to you free anytime you need it.
And even more advantages of meditation...
- At work: today’s levels of stress makes meditation a no-brainer: it helps us achieve that all-important work-life balance, enhances mental clarity and decision-making skills and nurtures trust, creativity, innovation and intuition.
- Improves our relationships. We develop a pleasant, sociable personality, and are able to accept people as they are. These are important skills in any sphere, more so at the,workplace, where teamwork is crucial.
- It gives a deep sense of health and well-being as, regularly practiced, the mind, body and spirit benefit immensely. The deep rest it offers makes us more dynamic in activity.